About PZ Gallery
PZ Gallery’s quasi art-deco building was constructed in the 1930s as the Taylors car showroom. It became part of a series of new art-deco style buildings (including the Jubilee Pool) along the promenade in Penzance.
During the 1980s many businesses relocated to the industrial estates on the outskirts of the town. The car showroom was abandoned and the site remained vacant for many years before becoming a gallery space.
PZ Gallery has endeavoured to make use of this wonderful building without altering the internal space and architecture. The industrial feel, high ceilings, and vast floor space make an excellent and unusual gallery space.
The gallery has given artists opportunities to exhibit large-scale work, and the space also plays host to workshops, corporate events and performance.
- 1930 ~ 1980 Taylor’s, Garage
- 1982 – 1985 Mumford’s, Garage
- 1985 – 1995 Vospers, Garage
- 1995 – 2002 Ocean Blue, Chandlers
- 2003 – 2004 Ravenscroft’s Space Gallery
- 2004 – 2006 ZDF Production Studio
- 2006 – Present PZ Gallery